Monday, February 21, 2011

Left Foot, Right Foot

Left foot, right foot
Small feet, strong feet
Beautiful feet

Through the city
And over the sea
My amazing feet carry me

One step, two step
Leads to three K, then four
Before I know it, I’ve run 3 more

Feet powered by muscles
Take me up the hill
Lung power and endurance, no required skill

Point A to point B
And finally to point C
My amazing feet carry me

A great view of the mountains
The scenic route, I would even say fun
This is sustainable transport, second to none

A free ride, no polluting the air
The benefits are endless for body and mind
This running home is my perfect way to unwind

For the life of me, I can not do math while running but oddly, I can come up with Dr. Seuss inspired poetry as I plod along. I may have read The Foot Book one too many times this week to have these words merge themselves together on my run home from work on Saturday. Yes, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself for having to play catch up on the weekend and miss precious time with my daughter but on the upside, I was productive and I still fit in a run home. And I even had a new poem to share with my daughter when I arrived home. I'm inspired to run home more often!

2 comments:

  1. I loved it! It made me want to get out and run but I'll have to wait until the ice is off the trail and the temperature does not freeze my lungs. I'll be happy to do the 5 km run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope there's warmer weather on the way for you!

    ReplyDelete